Thursday, August 7, 2008

A trip to the Dentist

Well it was time for the kids to get their teeth cleaned. So this morning we went. Austin loves going to the dentist and wearing the sunglasses they have for the kids and having his teeth cleaned. He has great teeth and NO cavities!
Caitlin was a bit nervous going into the dentist. She gets that from me...oooo the stories my parents could tell about me at the dentist. But that is a whole other story. Caitlin watched Austin breeze through his while he laughed at all the "tickle tools". When it came to her time she let the lady look in her mouth with the mirror and quickly closed her mouth when she came with the scraper. She would NOT open her mouth and grabbed my arm and just shook. I can totally relate, but I told her they would just make her teeth shiny. That she was going to be a big Kindergartner in 2 weeks and she needed clean teeth to start school. She wasn't so sure about it. The lady gave up and just figured the dentist may at least get to check her out. I brought her to the dentist to get her teeth cleaned not just sit there... So I got Dan to come in with her. He was no help, but did make her laugh a few times. Then I said the magic word....we will so SWIMMING today if you have shiny teeth. Man she straightened up and opened up wide. We got the lady to come back and she cleaned Caitlin's teeth. She did GREAT! And then the dentist came in and said again that they both have great teeth and again NO cavities. So we did good today. NOW I have to find a place to take them swimming. :-)

Dan is on a vacation week again....again we are too poor to go anywhere. Thanks to wonderful gas prices, the increased cost of everything, and all my doctor visits last month. We were really hoping to do some kind of mini vacation with the kids, but I guess it will not happen this year. So again we are doing the stay-cation. I am working on finding something for us to do this weekend.

0 comments: