Thursday, August 21, 2008

Can it really be that time already?????

Well the answer is yes...Caitlin is old enough to go to kindergarten. O my! My baby is going to school. She is very excited and has been for months! Everyday I hear, "Mommy do I go to school to tomorrow?" I say, "NO" and she says, "The next day?" hahaha I have been hearing this for a long time..so I am excited to tell her Sunday night that she will go to school "tomorrow". :-) Austin is not as excited about going, but I am sure that will change. He says he will miss his kitty, Hook. (not mom??) haha
Tonight we had meet the teacher night. Austin will be starting 2nd grade..WOW! His new teacher is Mrs. Harlow. She seems really nice. He was excited to see one of his friends, Colby, was in his class. They have been in the same class every year of school. Plus he is tall like Austin..so they were very excited to see each other. He also has 3 girls from his 1st grade class in there. Emily, Brenna, and bailey...he was excited about that too. He makes friends easily, so I am sure he will make a lot of new friends.
Now Caitlin met her teacher...Mrs York. She is the same kinder teacher Austin had. She is different now that is is a mother. So we are excited. Plus she missed half of the year when Austin was there. So it will be nice to have her full time. Caitlin thought she was staying at school today and I could pick her up later...Such a big girl already. She made her teacher a picture and took her a little pad of paper. Already a suck up too. haha She was a little shy and quiet at first. She is excited that she has several friends (all boys) that will be in her class. Most of them younger siblings of Austin's friends. She will have her friend from her speech class there too....Kaden. They were best friends and so cute in class. So I am sure it will be good that they will know each other. Plus she knows, Kyle, Xavier, and Evan. We will have an awesome room mom group too. I have worked with several of them and ooo we will make sure the kids have great parties!! :-) Here she is seeing her new classroom
Photobucket
and her with a monkey in the Reading center area..it will look different on Monday.
Photobucket

So for 3 hours in the morning I will be kid free! WOW..next week will be hard on me, but give me a week and I will be finding all sorts of things to fill that time. Then I am sure I will be begging for more. HAHA!
I am looking into college classes. Since I will have to take a few or maybe a lot of refresher courses or updated courses since I have been home for so long. SO I can start working toward the time when I do go back to work. Who knows maybe I will go back and do the occupational safety stuff that interested me so much my last year in college...some 10 yrs ago! I know hard to believe..I am that old HAHA!

So summer is almost over for us. One last weekend and let me tell you it is BUSY! We have 2 birthday parties on Saturday (Kaden's and Natalie's) and then our end of summer swim party and BBQ with the cub scouts. Everything pretty much fell back to back to back. So we will be on the go! Then I have a Sunday school meeting on Sunday and then hopefully a nice last day before school!

1 comments:

Danielle said...

Are you ready for this?