Thursday, August 28, 2008

Half way....

We have made it halfway through the week and I have to say I think we are all adjusting well to this school thing. :-) I can honestly say I have not done much with my 'free' morning time, but that is OK. I went to breakfast with my friend Gingin on Tuesday and Wednesday...well lets say I caught up on all the lack of sleep I got at the beginning of the week. I woke up 10 mins before having to go get Caitlin. My nap was suppose to be a relaxing time with the new book I got....I guess you have to open the book to actually read it :-D

I totally forgot to take a picture of Caitlin with her new teacher on her 1st day..so here she is on day 2 with Mrs. York.
Photobucket
Caitlin is loving her class and all the things she is learning. I think she is super smart she is already using sign language at home. They will learn lots of signing in class..letters and words. 1st day they learned restroom..so they can raise their hand with the sign and not disrupt the class. So she is using it at home too. She comes to me with ther fingers crossed..not saying a word and I have to tell her that she doesn't have to ask to go potty at home. hahaha it is so cute. At breakfast yesterday she got up and I asked her where she was going...she looked at me held up her crossed fingers and I said OOOO OK. Wow he have a new language in our house.
Here is the sign I taught her...I love you...As she leaves the car she turns and gives it. It just makes me SMILE!! Here is a picture I caught while she did it the 1st time.
Photobucket
Isn't it cute :-)

Then my big kids walked into the building all by themselves. I sit and wait cause Caitlin looks for me to wave one last time before she goes into the building.
Photobucket

Austin has been a great big brother this week. Helping Caitlin with her backpack when they get out of the car and making sure she crosses the crosswalk.
Photobucket

We had parent-teacher meetings last night and then another tonight. It is going to be a great year! :-)

1 comments:

Danielle said...

Already having parent teacher meetings? WOW!! Glad to hear that things are going well. Apparently Madeline cried at school today because she didn't want to do the "scissor challenge" (I think it was just using scissors) and they were cutting out owls and she said she doesn't like owls and the teacher made her do it anyways...HA! I told her she had to do ALL the work whether she liked it or not and she had to do what the teacher tells her. She woke up really early (for her) today so that probably played some role in her crying...OH MY!!