Monday, August 11, 2008

Another Stay-cation..kind of

Dan had another week of vacation he had to take..so we did the same things..Hung around at home, but took a 2 days trip to Oklahoma.

I had to watch the kids this week..so 2 days where here at home. Dan is funny. He is not use to that many kids. He said well.."I was thinking I might like another kid, but after today..I have changed my mind" hahaha He survived. Of course I think worrying about work was harder on him then 5 kids in the house. His work called over and over throughout the week. Problems with this and that. He is short handed an assistant manager and the one running the store while he is gone is brand new. So he has reasons to stress. So when he goes back to work tomorrow he's already got a game plan. :-) WORK WORK WORK and hopefully cover some of the info his assistant needs to know in the process. He already told me he will probably not be taking his other day off this week. Something I have gotten way to use too. Corporate just doesn't get that you can't throw a brand new person to the company into the 2nd highest volume store in the company and not expect some bumps to go with it. HAHA

Well back to our stay-cation... We took the kids swimming one day, but after being there for an hour the pool was closing sections off for various reasons. One for a chemical imbalance and then another because some kid threw up in it. Leaving the entire pool area closed. SO we left. They actually gave us a ticket to come back.

One night we took the kids to play tennis. That was interesting and FUNNY! It was HOT and the kids were trying which were giving Dan and I a lot of laughs. Here are a few pictures
Left handed.....
Photobucket

OR Right handed??????
Photobucket
Caitlin had a ball, but she would get mad when she missed the ball (and it was often!)
Photobucket

Dan spent a few nights playing guitar hero..here is a picture Caitlin took
Photobucket

We decided to take a trip to Oklahoma. Dan hasn't been there since Jan. and the kids and I went the 1st weekend in June for a day to see my grandparents as they drove from AZ. We also figured this would be the last trip up there until who knows when..with school and my Sunday school starting soon.
So we left on Friday and drove up. it took almost 5 hours. It was crazy. There was construction on the highway and we sat there for a long time..not moving an inch. We all felt like turtles in a race. HAHA We stayed with my brother and his girlfriend, Ashley. We drove to Shawnee (another 30 mins) once we got there with my brother to pick up some stuff for him and then met some of his friends and went to dinner. Yes we had 14 people with us on a Friday night. We ended up splitting into 3 groups 4-4-6 to get seated faster. Which we did and ended up all sitting in booths right next to each other. So it worked out nice. Of course we were seated 1st and the last to get service and our food. Our waiter needed some work. :-)
We then drove back got the kids ready for bed and tried catching the end of the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. We missed them :-(

BUT we sure have been catching some great Olympic action all weekend. Sunday night we watched the men's 4X100 relay in swimming and WOW was it an epic race. I am sure most of you know which race I am talking about. It has been ALL over the news. We were cheering them on, but when the last 50m came we thought they are getting silver, but then with 40m to go the USA started gaining slowly on the France team. By 20m to go he was right with him. I was standing in my living room..yelling, "COME ON...KICK KICK..GO GO GO GO..YOU CAN DO IT"!! I think it worked!! Then when the finish came up with the gold going to the USA..Dan and I went NUTS!!!! We were high fiving each other and just all smiles. The race was intense! It was so close, plus they killed the World record..I mean DESTROYED it!

So we spent the weekend in Oklahoma hanging out with my brother. Dan strained his back somehow the day we left. Must have been the suitcase ;-) So he didn't do a whole lot while we were gone. But he did ride my borther's girlfriend's motocycle. I missed it, but was told it was funny, since it is a small bike :-D I say my best friend Melissa. We went by her house for a bit. She had an extra kid she had to take to his house so we were unable to visit long. I miss her and all our time we use to spend together.
Saturday I did get to spend some fun time with my best friend of 18 years, Andrea(but we are saying 10 so we don't feel so old hahahaha) here is a picture of us at the store before heading out.
Photobucket
She invited me to go to OU's campus corner for some bar birthday party. I haven't been to a bar in a long time. So why not. Her husband has been hired for a bouncer/id check for a bar down there as an extra job. So we hung out with them and her sister who works a bartender in the place we were going too. Of course there were no special deals on drinks. X-) We went and had a great time.

She is also Caitlin's Godmother and she came by on Sunday to see Caitlin. Caitlin was excited she even made her a card that said "I love my Godmother, Andrea" She told me what she wanted to write and I wrote it down on a piece of paper for her to copy. It was cute. Andrea loved it! Here is a picture of the 2 of them.
Photobucket

We had a nice time, but was a little sad we were not able to see my parents. BUT they had an anniversary last week (Aug 1st...34 years) and they went out of town and did a few things in Arkasas over the weekend. They so deserve the time away and I was so happy that they were able to take it. I can not think of a time when my parents have gone on a trip just the two of them without it being for one of my brothers races. So it was way over due!

We came home Sunday night..watched the great Olympics and now we are watching 5 kids. HAHA Dan goes back to work tomorrow and is hoping that his back is feeling well enough to play basketball tonight. He might need it for stress relief going into work tomorrow :-D

0 comments: