Monday, July 28, 2008

Life is good...even when it is boring

The last weekend we had a friend/basketball team mate from college and his family over for dinner. (the Stanley's) It was a lot of fun. They have 2 kids (Rory is 4 and Peyton is almsot 1) and we were made aware that our house is no longer baby proof. HAHA She found everything that she could possibly find, but she was sooo darn cute it made up for the extra work. She would hide her face and think she was hiding from you. I think it made Dan consider having another baby. Especially when she was on his lap playing peek-a-boo with her blankey. Of course it was nice to play with her and know we were sending her home later. ;-) Now the funniest thing was when Caitlin and Rory where playing singstar..which is like karioke. Neither knew the words, but were humming and singing their own words.

We went to lunch with one of my friends from Austin's school, Gingin and her kids. Gingin and I always have a good time together. We took her to the kids favorite place to eat, Takara's (it is Japanese hibachi grill) They have never been and loved it. Of course she laughed the whole time saying my kids are so much more cultured then hers and she has an oriental/asian family background. She said my daughter just started eating rice. HAHAHA I guess my kids are good influences. :-) Her daughter loved this place and the food.

We spent last week close to home. The kids and I did go swimming with our friends, the Beltrans. Katie and her sons, Josh and Joey...her husband Danny..is kind of like our Dan...work-aholic :-) They own a chic-fila. I am not sure about the kids, but Katie and I seem to have a great time together. hahaha Did I mention that we have a ton in common...besides the fact we share the exact wedding anniversary date and year with them. But Dan and I are married longer by 30 minutes. :-D HAHA!

Dan had a day off during the week and we went bowling..just one game. It was fun! Later, the kids went to a kids night at our friends church. (the kids that I watch during the week) They got picked up at 5:30 and weren't going to be back until around 8:30. So Dan and I had a date night once again. :-) Wooohoooo...two dates in one month. We went to Johnny Carinos for dinner and then to the new Barnes and Noble to look at books, read magazines and have a Starbucks. It is different to go into the book store without spending the entire time in the kids section or reading kid books. HAHA I got a new calendar organizer (18 month one..so it will last me longer and it was only $6, since I had a coupon) We got home right as the kids got home. The exciting thing is we get to do it again for the next 2 Thursday nights :-). Yea for us!!!!

Friday night we went down to the park in our neighborhood. We have concerts or movies in the park every Friday. So we made it down there with a cooler of water, blanket and some snacks. It was a music night. So I hung out and listened to the Irish music and the kids played on the playground. HAHA It was nice and we plan on making a few more this summer.

This weekend Dan was off and we stayed home for most of it. I think we only left the house to run a few errands and go to the store. Nothing much. We watched some Nascar races, worked in the flowers beds in the backyard (which were in much need of some attention with the hot weather we have been having) Each night after the kids went to bed Dan and I watched episodes of House. No guitar hero..which is usually what we do at night, but I guess we needed a rest. He got 3 seasons of House from hsi dad's last trip to China, so we have a lot to watch. He loves that show and we rarely seem to actually catch it on TV. I guess we could use the DVR, but that might make too much sense! HA!
Today I am watching 5 kids and so far the week is off to a good start.
I do ask for some prayers to a good friend of our racing family, Trey Canard. The kid is amazing and has done so much in his short professional career. But the reason for the prayers..he crashed yesterday in Washington on the last lap of the race with a lapped rider and broke his femur (upper leg bone). So he will be done for the rest of the season. Many prayers go out to Trey for a fast healing.

0 comments: