Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our stay-cation

Yes we decided to opt for the cool new trend of staying home for vacation. Ok we usually do this, but it is cool now! :-)
Dan had a week off of work and we started with a bang. :-) It started on Thursday, we went to the Meteorite museum at TCU and then the TX Civil war museum. Then we capped it all off with a Rangers baseball game.

We started the day by driving to TCU and going to the Oscar E Monnig Meteorite Gallery. It was really amazing. So many meteorites and different sizes and all the places they have been found. Some were over a 100 yrs old. I had no clue how many meteorites have been found in our area of the US. The kids really enjoyed it. The best thing about this place..it was FREE!! I am sure we will go again.
Photobucket
They loved the big meteorite!
Photobucket

We then drove over to the Texas Civil War Museum. It was really neat. Lots of artifacts and many dresses from the era. I didn't take any pictures. :-O The only thing we decided after this...more then one museum in one day is too much for the kids. :-)

The kids have never been to a baseball game, so we decided to take them. We were nervous they may get bored after a few innings, so we got tickets in the "all-you-can eat" section. Yes, all you can eat hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, peanuts, and soda. I have to say we all had gut rot. We ate so much to make sure we got our monies worth. It was a great game. They went into extra innings (11 innings). And we got to see Jamey Wright pitch. Jamey went to High School with Dan and I. He graduated a year earlier then us. He played basketball with Dan too. So it was neat. He pitched the 11th inning. Austin loved cheering and singing all the songs they played at the game. I got the kids both hats. Which they love. I think we are actually planning on attending a few more games...just not in the all you can eat section. :-)
At the Rangers game
Photobucket
The kids
Photobucket
That was day one. HAHA
The next day I had my mammogram and all went well. We did stuff around the house and got Austin ready to go to a birthday party at his friends house. She invited Caitlin to stay and told Dan and I to go have a nice evening out. We were not expecting that. We went home and got changed and looked online and tried to find a nice place to go eat. We hadn't had a date night in a long time. We were not sure what to do. HAHA We went to dinner and to a movie. We saw Hancock. it was good. I got a little motion sick at the end of the movie with all the strange camera angles. I was disoriented and sensitive to all the light and things that were moving. We picked up the kids and went home. Rest helped me recover from my problem a lot. I didn't get much sleep the night before (maybe 3 hours) I guess stress will do that to you. I think that is why I had the problem after the movie.

We had a great weekend going for bike rides and staying close to home. We went to a a water park and had a great time during the week too.
Then we had a girls night, me and Caitlin and Dan and Austin had a boys nights. Caitlin and I went to a little girl salon. She got her hair cut to the shoulders and had a manicure and pedicure. Then just the two of went to dinner. it was a great night. She really enjoyed it. Of course after all of that she insisted that we go to target and get something for Austin...cause she knew he would miss her. :-) We were only gone 2 hours. HAHA So she picked out a lil stuffed animal for him. (a black cat) She was so cute she wanted to surprise him.
Now Austin and Dan had a typical boys night. They went and rented a video game (Indiana Jones legos) and then played all night. They made dinner at home...Mac and cheese. The two of them were very happy. Austin loved his kitty Caitlin got him.
We decided we will do the parent/kid night out again. They loved it.

The only bad thing about our stay-cation is we didn't do laundry the whole time. :-O Well we were on vacation right hahahaa so I spent the weekend doing mountains of laundry. FUN I will add a pictures of Caitlin's hair cut later. I have to get it out of my camera. :-)
Love you all

0 comments: