Thursday, July 3, 2008

A busy summer so far...

Well we have been busy! Austin has been going to summer school 5 days a week for 3 hours a day. He is working on his reading and math. His last was July 2nd. So we are DONE! :-) His teacher was very sweet. She told me that he was one of the best students. She said out of the 12 kids; he was one of 2 that would actually sit and listen and work on what he was suppose to. I have to say I was very happy to hear this!

I have been busy watching 3 extra kids for the summer..giving me a total of 5 kids two days a week. On Mondays and Wednesday I watch a friend of ours children while she goes to work. (yes, I am getting paid a little) It works out nice. They have a girl a little younger then Caitlin and 2 boys that are around Austin's age. (almsot 8 and 9 1/2) One of the boys has been Austin's oldest friend in Texas. They were in his preschool PPCD class together. They have really been great friends for almost 5 yrs.
Here are the boys...Jake, Matthew, and Austin
Photobucket

Here are the girls...Brienna and Caitlin
Photobucket

Here is the cake we made Dan for Father's day!
Photobucket


My best friend from Oklahoma, Melissa stopped and visited us on their way to Houston for a family vacation. I really miss spending time with her. Here we are being cheesy.
Photobucket

The kids and I made a trip to OKC and stayed with my parents while my Grandparents from Arizona were in town. We got to spend a day and half with them. So it was nice. We hardly ever see them..so when they come to town we try are hardest to make the trip to see them. Here is a group picture of all of us at our favorite Mexican food..TEDS! In the pictures is my Great Aunt Carol (my grandpa's twin sister), my grandma and pa Reynard, Kevin and Connie Johnson (the adopted family hahahaha), Robbie and Ashley, me and the kids, and my parents. It was a hoot to say the least!
Photobucket

Here is me and my grandmother
Photobucket

and me attacking my grandpa hahahaahaha He liked it..he just didn't want anyone to know!
Photobucket

The kids being silly with my dad....I think Caitlin looks like Dan's cousin, Amanda here. I had a few shots in this spot that they looked alike!
Photobucket

We went to a indoor arena football game in Dallas with our cub scout group. We got FREE tickets to go see the Desparados play. We took the train over to Dallas..so it was a lot of fun for the kids and cheap for us! :-)
Here is a pic of Caitlin waiting for the train.
Photobucket

Austin with Fort Worth in the back drop
Photobucket

Dan and the kids outside the American Airlines arena in front of the big screen TV... I liked this shot cause it went to a pick with the Logo on it.
Photobucket

The kids loved it and we had a LOT of fun! I hated the price of food and drinks. hahaha
Photobucket

After the game with Dowtown Dallas in the back. And look at them doing football poses. HAHAHA
Photobucket

The family with the American Airlines Arena in the back
Photobucket

Dan getting some LOVE from his little girl on the train ride home. The kids really enjoyed it. We maybe doing that more often. It was really nice.
Photobucket


And since Dan had last weekend off we went to an Orchard and the kids picked donut peaches, pulled up carrots and got to walk around and see all kinds of stuff...even a bee hive! It was lots of fun. Here are a few pictures.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

OK Now I have to brag on Dan....our lawn mower was having some issues and Dan took it apart and ordered the new parts and put them on it and it WORKED!! :-) He is not known to be mechanical, but I think this maybe a start to him trying at it a little more~!

That is about it for now. Enjoy the 4th of July. God Bless America!!

1 comments:

Dickson said...

How fun! WHere was the orchard?