Monday, September 8, 2008

"Rollie hair mommy"...

Update on the lawn mowing..we had aliens hit the yard... I mowed the yard and it looks great, except for a small strip along the curb. That is where the aliens landed. :-D OOP'S!! Dan did noticed! At least I helped mow!

Monday night Caitlin insisted that she have "rollie hair" like her teacher. We have been down the rollie hair road before. last summer when she decided to cut it short thinking it would make it curly like her 2nd cousin, Cristina. Well that didn't work. But I have now gotten the hang of those little pink rollers. (the soft ones) We had lots of practice with dance recitals. SO I told her after her shower we would roll her hair. she was soooooooo excited. Here are a few pictures of her on Tuesday morning.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here she is doing a little dance :-)
Photobucket

She is so silly and her curls were still there after school and even stayed until daddy was home. She was so cute and the curls looked better as they softened.

THEN....

The kids had picture day on Friday. Only 9 days into school and they want more money! hahaha
Of course Caitlin wanted "rollie hair" again. I tried to talk her out of it, but I figured I wanted her happy for her pictures and not sad and crying. So I gave in..no biggie..it could be worse like pink hair or something like that. HAHA
Photobucket
Photobucket
I loosened the curls much more this time around with the blow dryer.

And here is my handsome boy...he is looking more and more like his daddy! (and not too much longer and he will be taller then mommy)
Photobucket

We started back with our Wednesday night routine....going to Church! Our wonderful pastor cooks an amazing meal every week for the congregation. It is not a cafe type of food...It is a full family cooked meal. For $3 a person...we look forward to it every week. One night I don't have to cook and no dishes. :-) The kids eat with the kids club and they do activities and crafts. They have lots of fun too. Dan and I usually work on my Sunday school stuff and talk with fellow church members. This week we decorated my Sunday School room. We got a lot accomplished in a very short time. Sunday school rally day was this past Sunday..so we were on a time crunch. Here is Caitlin and I on our 1st day. She is in my class this year, since she is now a BIG kindergartner. Photobucket
Of course she thinks she owns the joint since mom is her teacher. HAHA Not too bad, but she did pick out her chair and the color play-doh that would be in the pocket of her seat. :-)
But I am excited for this years Sunday School...I am going to have a great class. Most of the kids I have known since they were 2!

When we came home from church this is what we found on the couch....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hook on his back laying over a pillow. He must have been comfy, cause he didn't move. He is one odd cat! And not because he weighs almost 25 pounds haha!

0 comments: