Tuesday, May 20, 2008

15 yrs ago...

Photobucket

Yes that is right..15 years. Dan and I went on our 1st date. We had a choir banquet and I asked him if he was going. He of course said, "NO". And said, he "didn't get tickets." So I told him I had "an extra one". He said, "well you have a boyfriend"..I then said, "no that is why I have an extra one." "We broke up 2weeks ago" We laughed and he said, "well in that case I will pick you up at 6:30". I was totally not thinking that giving him my extra ticket meant he was going to have to take me, but he had other plans. Lets make it a date. So we walked down the hall exchanging information and giving instructions on how to get to my house. I was on cloud nine! :-)(and nervous) I have known Dan, since 9th grade...where I use to call him "TALL GUY" I am sure you can figure out why. :-) We had a great banquet dinner of BBQ and sweet tea and then afterwards we weren't ready to say good bye. So he took me home I changed and asked to go play minature golf. Then we went to his house for him to change. We had a great time and he said I won, cause I actually got a hole in one. :-D

It is hard to believe it was 15 years ago. Being on that 1st date I would have never guessed we would be married now. BUT I am soooo happy it all worked out the way it did/has! :-) The picture above is of us when we had our Sr. pictures done 3 months after we started dating. So young (17yrs) and skinny. :-)

In 2 weeks we will celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. WOW how time flies.

1 comments:

Danielle said...

This picture makes me laugh at how young you guys look. Congrats on 15 years and 11 married. That's super exciting. Hope you get to spend some ALONE time together.