Friday, January 11, 2008

The Kobiske Family blog #1






Well a few of my friends have these and said it makes it easy to keep everyone informed of what is going on in our little world. So here we go!!! Check back often for pictures and updates! You all know how I LOVE pictures and to talk!!


Let me catch you up with what has happened this year already!


2008!!!
We brought in the New Year with all our neighbors on our street and it was wonderful. All the kids made it until midnight and the adults too! haha We all brought food. So after we ate we needed to pass the time. We then played Singstar on playstation 2 (which is a lot like karaoke, but you get points for getting the notes). The adults had a BLAST playing this. I think everyone on our street will own one soon. :-)


Then Jan. 3rd I turned 32!!! Which wasn't too bad!! Nothing too exciting happened that day. Dan took off work and he took Austin to school..so I could sleep in. That was soooo nice! Then we went to the Cheesecake Factory where I had my favorite Chicken salad sandwich and a White Chocolate cheesecake to go! I was too full to eat it! :-) Then I got to go get a pedicure with two of my girlfriends (that I actually went to High school with...what a small world ) Thanks Danielle and Cindy. It was great end to my day!
The weekend was beautiful with temps in the upper 70's. We spent a lot of time outside..cleaning the car, cleaning flower beds, and playing!!

Austin went back to school on the 3rd and was so excited to see his friends! His best friend in class is a girl named Taylor. They had an instant friendship on day one in class. She is so cute. She got to come to our house to play today. They both enjoy talking and tend to get in trouble in class for that..often! Here is a picture of them...
On the 6th I started back at Sunday School and it was wonderful to see all my kids again and hear about their Christmas.
Caitlin started back in dance on Wed the 9th. She was thrilled to get all our routines back in place...because after dance we have a play date with her best friend, Quincy. It is our weekly get together so she can have "girl time". Plus it is nice for the us mom's to have some adult conversation. :-D
Dan of course has been working, working, working!! He really does enjoy Michaels and the store that he is at. He just HATES the long drive and traffic that he has to deal with in the evenings. He is happy Christmas is over...his life slows down a bit now. Of course I am happy to have him home more too. :-)
He got to go to a Mavs basketball game this week with a friend he plays basketball with. Oo the fun we went through to get those tickets. I will just spare you the details! They were suppose to be great seats that my brother worked on getting through a friend of his as Dan's Christmas gift!! Well needless to say after 2 tries and many other mishaps he got to go watch from the nose bleed seats!! But suppose to have a chance at MUCH better seats at the end of this month! :-) He had a great time and loved it anyway! So we will see if he gets the good seats later this month.
He also started back in his basketball league that he plays in... last night (Jan 10th) and they won. He took a bit to warm up and get going, but by the 2nd half he was back in the groove scoring and looking like the PRO he is!!! But this morning had issues MOVING! Not bad for an old man trying to keep up with the HS grads and early twenty-somethings he is playing against! :-D Caitlin really enjoyed cheering on her daddy! Good thing he only had a meeting today, but he still went to his store this morning to help unload the truck! He has until Tuesday to recover! haha
I will try to keep everyone updated as often as I can and add lots of pictures of the kids. So check back often!
Have a great weekend!





0 comments: