Sunday, January 18, 2009

I think I get an F in blogging!!

SORRy Pictures, Images and Photos
Well I know it has been over a month since my last blog and in most cases it would NOT be such a BIG deal. BUT we have had field trips, Sunday school programs, Christmas, New Years, my birthday, and misc. kids school stuff that I know you all want updates on and several down times that have kept me busy. So 1st off I am sorry for it taking so long. And since it has been so long we better go get a snack or two and a drink and settle in your comfy spot....cause this will be long!


Lets see....where to start. Well after the last blog (Dec 3rd) we had bad news come from one of Austin's classmates at school. Her mom emailed me that her husband was taken to the hospital with chest pains...he had by-pass surgery and all seemed ok....I helped with keeping the teacher informed and being a friend to the family....well 4 days passed (Dec. 8th) and he passed away from complications. He was only 53. I knew getting an email at 2am could not be good. Very sad. This family has been through so much in the last 6 months. The mom lost her father during the summer and shortly after was diagnosed with an early stage of breast cancer and received treatment...now this and all at Christmas time. My heart has been breaking for this family. Their kids are the same age as both of mine. I cannot imagine them not having a daddy to grow up with. Ronda (the mom) has a very strong faith and has been amazingly strong through all of this. She taught me a few things while I was on the phone with her a few days after the death of her husband and I want to share it. So many of us (especially mom's) like to be the strong I can do it all myself types and that I don't want to bother or inconvenience someone else. (I find myself in this mind frame often) As one of her friends was offering her help with kids, meals, laundry...she kept telling her "NO I don't need any help doing this...I am sure you have better things to do" Her friend then told her this bit of advice she gave me..."DO NOT STEAL OTHER PEOPLES BLESSINGS" She said she was dumb found by this and her friend explained. "that other people are hurting for you and with you ....many have special blessings from God that they can give in return to help and by not allowing them to do it you are in sense stealing their blessings from God" She said she never thought of it that way and said it is hard to allow people to help, but she said she could NOT steal God's blessings from people, so she was learning to let go and let God. I went to the memorial service they had for him and met Austin's teacher and the school Secretary there. We sat together. It was a very powerful and uplifting service. I truly want people to laugh and smile when it is my time to go.





The kids both had field trips during this week. Caitlin went to the Casa Manana theater and saw Rudolph the Red nose reindeer. They loved it and all the snow aka bubbles that came down at the end of the program. Caitlin and her class.
Photobucket
Caitlin getting off the bus.
Photobucket
Caitlin and her friend Evan....they are best buddies.
Photobucket
And Love being silly together.
Photobucket
Caitlin and Mommy...kind of...since she is too busy looking at the set..worried she might miss the beginning.
Photobucket
Our close up!
Photobucket
Austin went and saw the nutcracker at the Bass Hall. He loved it! I did not get to go on this field trip. We had 3 parents volunteer to go and only one was allowed...so she had a drawing. I did not win. So I do not have a million pictures of that day. I did go up and take the bike our class bought for the angel tree and take pictures of them with it while they were all dressed up for their field trip. Here is a picture of them with the bike we all pitched in and bought.
Photobucket
and the class being very silly! hahaha
Photobucket
They all looked so nice. Austin loves wearing a suit any time he can. Of course, when he tried on his old one it was too small. (could be slow down growing for a little bit) So I went to Target and bought a new one. Here is a pictures of him from that day.
Photobucket
Our Sunday school was wrapping up for the year, so we had a Christmas party and were doing rehearsals for our Christmas program that all the kids put on. It was on the 14th of Dec. and was totally cute. Here is a few pictures. Austin was a wise men and Caitlin was a star :-).

Caitlin is a star. haha
Photobucket

The whole group during the program.
Photobucket
We did have a little issue with Austin at school the last week of school. He said and did something that most boys do and say, but with the way our world is now..it is not allowed in schools. So he got in a lot of trouble. I was crying in the principles office and all. What an emotional week. I was very disappointed in him, but feel we have explained to him a million times of what is not ok. Adding to my holiday stress. Luckily, I was done shopping for everyone before Thanksgiving..minus the few last minute items.
During and after all of this I was in the process of organizing the kids class parties for school. I planned and organized both of them. It was high stress...cause I knew I had to have everything for both parties with me when I went to school at 7:30am to help grade the PTA math stuff we do every Friday. Caitlin's party setup started at 9:30am and finished at 11pm. It went great...very organized and the kids had so much fun. I even heard a few say it was the best day ever and another parent had her child tell me what she thought of the party...It was the best day of her life! WOW that was way more then I expected. :-) Here are some pictures from the Kindergarten party.
Waiting for the party to start
Photobucket
Caitlin and Jessica standing in line for the snowball toss!
Photobucket
yes they eat out in the hall on the floor..we try to make the best of it! :-) Donuts and lots of other sweets. :-)
Photobucket
Me and Caitlin
Photobucket
Austin's party set up started at 11:15am and ended around 12:45pm. It was organized, but more dysfunctional then I would have liked. :-) They made hot chocolate mix in cones to give and keep one. Also played bingo and decorated a wooden sleigh (we painted them a few days earlier). here are some pictures.
They got a visit from Santa and they all sung a few songs. The kids loved it.
Photobucket
Austin and his sleigh driven by a snowman.
Photobucket
Austin and his friends that sit at his table. (Sydney, Madison, Ethan)
Photobucket
Austin and Mom
Photobucket

After the parties were over I went home dropped off all the party stuff and loaded the car with suitcases for me and the kids to head up to OKC for a few days to spend the weekend with my family for the Holiday's. This was the longest I have been able to stay up there. i usually have to get back for Sunday school, but not this year. I got there on Friday and didn't come back until Monday. I pulled into the driveway and Mike and Carolynn pulled in before we even got the suit cases out. They got to experience Dallas traffic and what Dan drives in everyday. Ok I am going to take a break here and begin another blog that starts with Christmas Eve tonight or tomorrow. :-) Then that will get you up to date. I hope!
here are the Christmas Eve and Christmas morning pictures....too many to list separate so I made a slide...it is long so watch it. :-)


1 comments:

Unknown said...

GOOD GRIEF woman! You have been busy (to say the least)! You rock at being a blogger...I love reading these!